Welcome to our immigration and residency hub, which aims to guide Irish citizens returning from abroad with non-Irish spouses, partners, and other family members in navigating the immigration process in the Republic of Ireland. Please note that this information is intended to assist your family members who are citizens of countries outside of the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA), United Kingdom, or Switzerland. Family members who are EU, EEA, British, and Swiss citizens do not need visas or immigration permissions to live and work in Ireland.
If you have any queries or do not see the information you need, please get in touch – our team is here to help. Some other helpful online resources:
- Department of Justice – Irish Immigration Service Website
- Department of Foreign Affairs – Directory of Irish Embassies and Consulates Abroad
- Citizens Information – ‘Returning to Ireland: Residency and Citizenship’
- Crosscare Migrant Project (supports for immigrants in Ireland)
- Crosscare Irish Diaspora Support Project – Returning to Ireland Webinars